Hello
and welcome to the first edition of JAB’S JOURNEY!
As I
was looking for the right name to call my blog, I knew I
wanted to use my name, yet, I wanted something simple
and catchy. As I was typing
out my name, for some reason I focused in on
the first letter of each part of my name.
Instantly I felt the Holy Spirit say JAB. Then I
felt prompted to look up the word JAB in the
dictionary. At first, I was a little
confused about why I needed to look up the meaning. Then I realized that JAB, for the purpose of this blog, has a
double meaning. Not only is it the acronym for my name, it also is a description of
what this blog is to do for the reader.
Confused?
Let me explain!
According
to Webster’s Dictionary the word JAB means to poke (someone or something)
roughly or quickly, especially with something sharp or pointed. Some synonyms are prod, dig, nudge, thrust & push.
Still
wondering what that has to do with this blog? So was I
until I dug deeper. Let’s look at some of the meanings for
these synonyms individually.
Now
before you get bored with this vocabulary lesson, please stay with me as this really does have a point, and once I explain it, a light bulb will flip on and the
realization of what the Holy Sprit is wanting to do through this blog will
become very clear!
Prod: an
act of stimulating or reminding someone to do something.
Dig: bring
out something that is hidden or has been stored for a long time.
engage in research; conduct an
investigation.
Nudge: prod
(someone) gently in order to draw their attention to something.
coax or gently encourage
(someone) to do something.
Thrust: push
(something or someone) suddenly in a specified direction.
Push: cause
to reach a particular level or state.
Now do
you see?
Through
this blog the Holy Spirit wants to Prod us to act according to the
WORD. Isaiah 40:31, Isaiah 41:10, II
Corinthians 3:17-18, Ephesians 2:10, Ephesians 4:22-24, Ephesians 5:1-2, I John
3:2-3
He wants us to Dig into
the WORD for revelation not only into the things of God, but also into our own
lives to dig up any hindrances, strongholds of the enemy and pitfalls that are
preventing us from total freedom. John
8:32, Romans 12:2, Hebrews 4:12, Hebrews 12:1, *II Timothy 2:15
He wants to gently Nudge us and draw us into a
deeper relationship with Christ and to coax us into the direction we are to
walk in. Psalm 42:1-2, Isaiah 30:21,
James 4:8
He wants to Thrust us in a particular
direction. Psalm 31:3, Psalm 43:3, Psalm
61:1-2, Psalm 119:35, Proverbs 3:5-6, John 16:3
And He wants to Push us to a new level. Psalm 19:14, Psalm 51:10, Proverbs 4:23, Acts 24:16, II
Corinthians 10:5, Philippians 3:13-14, Philippians 4:8
As we
JOURNEY together we will cover things pertaining to our spiritual, physical,
mental, emotional, & financial wellbeing. We will lay aside the weights,
both internal and external, that are rendering us ineffective in our Christian
walk, our families, our careers, our relationships and our destinies.
Since
the blog is called JAB’S JOURNEY it will be infused with my personal experiences, trials, triumphs,
failures, successes, thoughts, feelings, emotions and discoveries and how God’s Word has been the compass that has
charted my course and led me through both calm and stormy seas.
I am
both excited and cautious as some of the things I
will be sharing with you are so very personal and revealing that I shudder to even revisit them. However, I
know that God wants me to be transparent so
that you will know that He is there always working on our behalf to perfect
those things that concern us and to lead us through every situation.
Throughout
the journey we will laugh, cry, dance, celebrate, rejoice, mourn, be shocked
and sometimes say OUCH
or OH MY!!
Are you
ready to take this journey with me? I hope so!! The journey is much easier, enjoyable
and fun when you travel with others instead of alone!
Comments
Post a Comment